Railbike to Carter Station & take the train or our speeder back!
Duration: 1.5 hour
Available Times: 11 a.m. & 3 p.m.
All aboard! Enjoy a beautiful, one-of-a-kind ride on the Adirondack Scenic Railroad with our rail bike tour from Carter Station to Thendara Station. Grab a seat on our custom and brand new rail bikes and get ready to ride the rails!
On this 6-mile bike trip through the Adirondacks, you ride on the rails, crossing over rivers and streams, taking in the stunning natural beauty of Upstate New York, and keeping a lookout for some of our local wildlife. This bike tour is one-way, meaning you enjoy a speeder or train ride back to Carter Station on one of our historic trains.
The train tickets to your starting location are included in the price. Duration may vary with pedaling speed, but most of our rail bike tours on the Adirondack Scenic Railroad are about an hour.
Each rail bike seats four people. We ask you to please make note that if you are not purchasing tickets in groups of four, you may share a bike with another party. This allows us to accommodate groups of all sizes.
- Ride Tips
- Keep all body parts (hands, arms, legs, long hair, etc.) inside the ride at all times. If you have long hair, put it up (if possible wear a hat or use a band of some sort).
- Remain on the bike until it comes to a full and complete stop at the unloading point of the ride
- Stop riding before you get excessively tired, to avoid injuries or illnesses
- Never ride while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Take frequent breaks
- Terms & Conditions
- No alcohol or smoking
- Must be in good physical condition
- Parental supervision is required for small children
- Riders must remain on the bike at all times
- Do not feed any animals you may encounter
- Please wear your seatbelt at all times
Participate responsibly. You should be in good health to ride safely. You know your physical conditions and limitations. If you suspect that your health could be at risk for any reason, or you could aggravate a pre-existing condition of any kind by riding a ride and/or device, DO NOT RIDE!
Cup holders and small bag holders are provided for your convenience inside of the rail bike. Snacks and beverages will be available for purchase.