Duration: 9 hours
Available Times: 9:30 a.m.
Our climate-controlled train takes you on a scenic journey from Utica to Thendara (Old Forge). Once there, you climb aboard our custom rail bikes for an unforgettable biking adventure in the Adirondacks. Our bike tour is six miles for a one-way trip, where you can experience the best of the Adirondacks: Nature, wildlife, and rivers while riding the rails. After your rail bike tour, climb aboard our train for a relaxing ride back to Thendara Station.
Ticket includes roundtrip train rides from Utica to Thendara and a one-way ticket for a rail bike ride with a train ride back to the station your rail bike departed from. You also have approximately three and a half hours to explore Thendara, and a shuttle bus is included in the ticket price. There is shopping, restaurants, and beautiful scenery to experience in Thendara! Total tour duration may vary based on pedaling speed.
Each rail bike seats four people. We ask you to please make note that if you are not purchasing tickets in groups of four, you may share a bike with another party. This allows us to accommodate groups of all sizes. Please Note, rail bike trips are limited to 12 people.
- Keep all body parts (hands, arms, legs, long hair, etc.) inside ride at all times. If you have long hair, put it up (if possible wear a hat or use a band of some sort).
- Remain on the bike until it comes to a full and complete stop at the unloading point of the ride
- Stop riding before you get excessively tired, to avoid injuries or illnesses
- Never ride while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Take frequent breaks
- 9:30 am – 11:30 am: Scenic train from Utica – Thendara Station
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: Ride the rail bike from Thendara to Carter Station
- 1:15 pm – 1:45 pm: Return train ride from Carter Station back to Thendara
- 1:45 pm – 4:15 pm: Choose to take the shuttle into Old Forge to enjoy shopping & dining
- 11:45 am – 2:30 pm : Choose to take the shuttle into Old Forge to enjoy shopping & dining
- 3 pm – 4 pm: Ride the rail bike from Thendara to Carter Station
- 4:15 pm – 4:45 pm: Return train ride from Carter Station back to Thendara
- 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Final train departure back to Utica
- No alcohol or smoking
- Must be in good physical condition
- Parental supervision is required for small children
- Riders must remain on the bike at all times
- Do not feed any animals you may encounter
- Please wear your seatbelt at all times
Participate responsibly, you should be in good health to ride safely. You know your physical conditions and limitations. If you suspect that your health could be at risk for any reason, or you could aggravate a pre-existing condition of any kind by riding a ride and/or device, DO NOT RIDE!
Cup holders and small bag holders provided for your convenience inside of the rail bike. Snacks and beverages will be available for purchase.