Take a ride on one of our many scenic train rides, or book a ride on our Polar Express! Click below to see our train rides.
Duration: 1.5 hours
Available Times: 10 a.m., 12 p.m., 2 p.m., & 4 p.m.
Enjoy the natural beauty of the Adirondack mountains at your own leisurely pace as you pedal your railbike along the scenic rails between the Thendara and Carter stations. Your Railbike Adventure begins in Thendara, where you will board our special railcar people transporter. You will ride the transporter for three miles towards Carter station until you reach Mile Post Marker H61. There you will get off the transporter and onto your railbike. You will then pedal your bike for three miles to the Carter station. At Carter Station, you will have a chance to stretch your legs while your railbike is turned around, after which you will pedal three miles back to the transporter. You will finish your journey as you ride the transporter back to the Thendara station.
- Ride Tips
- Keep all body parts (hands, arms, legs, long hair, etc.) inside ride at all times. If you have long hair, put it up (if possible wear a hat or use a band of some sort).
- Remain on the bike until it comes to a full and complete stop at the unloading point of the ride
- Stop riding before you get excessively tired, to avoid injuries or illnesses
- Never ride while under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Wear comfortable clothing and shoes
- Take frequent breaks
- Terms & Conditions
- No alcohol or smoking
- Must be in good physical condition
- Parental supervision is required for small children
- Riders must remain on the bike at all times
- Do not feed any animals you may encounter
- Please wear your seatbelt at all times
Participate responsibly, you should be in good health to ride safely. You know your physical conditions and limitations. If you suspect that your health could be at risk for any reason, or you could aggravate a pre-existing condition of any kind by riding a ride and/or device, DO NOT RIDE!
Cup holders and small bag holders provided for your convenience inside of the rail bike. Snacks and beverages will be available for purchase.